Food and dining
We will provide the following food (including vegetarian options):
- light snacks during contest hours (scripting contest Friday night; practice contest Saturday morning; regional contest Saturday afternoon),
- (early) lunch of sandwiches on Saturday (between the practice and regional contests), and
- dinner of pizza on Saturday (after the regional contest).
In addition, here are some places to eat within a short drive (or walk) of the Roger ECS building on Baylor's campus. Links for driving directions to off-campus locations are provided, and hopefully Google Maps is sufficiently smart to interpret them correctly.
- Starbucks (On campus, in the Moody Library)
- Lula Jane's (Breakfast, lunch, vegetarian) — 406 W. Elm St.
- Bangkok Royal (Thai cuisine) — 215 S Univ. Parks Dr
- Common Grounds (Coffee) — 1123 South 8th Street
- Schmaltz's Sandwich Shoppe — 105 S. 5th St.
- Cricket's Grill & Draft House (American cuisine) — 221 Mary Ave
- George's (American cuisine) — 1925 Speight Ave.
- Ninfa's Mexican Restaurant — 220 S 3rd St
- Shorty's Pizza Shack — 1712 S 12th St.
- Terry & Jo's Food For Thought (Sandwiches, Pizzas) — 1121 Speight Ave.
- The Olive Branch (Breakfast/lunch sandwiches, soups, salads) — 215 South 2nd St.
- Vitek's Barbecue — 1600 Speight Ave.
- Clay Pot (Vietnamese cuisine) — 920 Interstate 35 S
- Magic China — 221 N Jack Kultgen Expy
- IHOP — 1000 S 4th St
- Jack in the Box — 725 S. Univ Parks Drive
- Subway — 1020 S 5th St
- Fazoli's Restaurant (Italian fast-food) — 919 S 6th St
- Taco Bell — 500 Cleveland
- Taco Bueno — 801 S 5th St
- McAlister's Deli — 812 S. 6th St
- McDonald's — 906 S 6th St
- Jimmy John's (Sandwiches, very fast) — 100 S 4th St
- Buzzard Billy's (Cajun) — 100 Interstate 35
- Whataburger — 928 S 7th St
- Sonic — 801 S 6th St
- Taco Cabana — 825 S 6th St
- Long John Silver's — 901 S 6th St
- Pizza Hut — 1111 S 8th St